In November 2020, we hosted the #FMJSummit in partnership with GEM and supported by Art Fund.
We are making almost all of the session recordings available over time via our youtube page, and you can see a list below of the currently available sessions.
Note that all uploaded sessions have automated captioning, which we will be improving over time.
Jobs in museums and heritage
This strand of the programmed focussed on what jobs exist in museums and heritage; panellists discussed the good and bad aspects of the areas of work and their career paths into their jobs.
- Museum Fundraising
- Off the beaten path: museum jobs you never considered
- Doing exhibitions: Where, when, how and why?
- Museum Social Media and Marketing
- Conservation and Collections Care
- New Feb 2021: Working in Museum Learning
Navigating the world of museum work
These events cover a range of real, practical topics in the world of work for both employers and employees.
- Social Class and Working in Museums
- Better Together – Unions in the Heritage Sector
- Our Shared Cultural Heritage with Manchester Museum Young Collective
- New Feb 2021: Making your application process fairer and more accessible
Managing your career
A range of sessions focussed on empowering those at all stages of their careers to think about themselves and their current and future options.